get_iplayer Windows installer updated to 4.8

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 07:56:25 EST 2013

On 06/11/2013 05:24, Vangelis forthnet wrote:

>> If Microsoft sticks to the same timetable
>> (snip)
>> IE11 will launch near the end of this month (Oct 2013),
>> or in early November. Microsoft has declined to disclose a ship date
>> for IE11
>> on Windows 7, saying previously only that it would be this fall.
>
> With the much greater user base of Win7, of whom many have WU on auto-mode,
> those that do get updated to IE11 will - as I see it - have to deploy
> the new installer, if
> they want to keep using the WebPVR in the fashion they were used to with
> IE<11.

Thanks for the heads-up.  In that case, everyone with Windows 7 and
higher should re-install. If anyone sees IE 11 appear in your system
updates, I would be grateful if you posted here.  I'm not a Windows
user, so I won't immediately notice its arrival.  I'll cut another
get_iplayer release as soon as I can to help the process along.