Problem running get_iplayer web under Windows 8.1

Shevek shevek at shevek.co.uk
Mon Nov 4 02:56:43 EST 2013

On 3 November 2013 22:55, Clive Long - tutor
<tutor at rational-communications.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just updated from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. Under win8 and win7
> the PVR web interface and PVR scheduler worked fine. Now under windows
> 8.1 I can run the PVR scheduler which downloads any podcasts ready to
> download. However, when I run the Web PVR script the web page does not
> load and the following message is displayed in the browser "Cannot
> load page". Then when I reload the page under Chrome I see the correct
> Web PVR manager page.

This is due to a new security lockdown in IE11.

To make IE load 127.0.0.1 then you need to switch off the "Enable
Enhanced Protected mode" setting in IE.

See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17415111/127-0-0-1-will-not-work-in-ie-11

However, I wouldn't recommend doing so as that has other security implications.

A better solution is to load http://localhost:1935/ instead - this
works fine in IE.

I'm about to leave for work so don't have time right now to fix the
PVR script - I'll do it later if someone doesn't beat me to it :)

(apologies to the OP who now has 2 copies of this as I forgot to
Reply-All the first time)