Couple of problems since Wheezy stable install

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon May 6 19:37:21 EDT 2013

On 06/05/2013 21:57, Jake Tucker wrote:
> The SWF Verification warning. I vaguely recall that rtmpdump 2.4 fixed
> this? I don't think there's anyway I could have anything but 2.4 on
> this computer. I built rtmpdump the same way as I always do using
> 'make SYS=posix' followed by 'sudo make install'.

The SWF Verification warning appears because rtmpdump doesn't execute
properly due to keyring (get_iplayer tries to parse output from
"rtmpdump --help") - nothing to do with any 2.4 changes.  Not that it
would necessarily make any difference, but is there some particular
reason you build your own ffmpeg and rtmpdump?  The packaged versions
work fine.  Also, the packaged version of rtmpdump doesn't seem to croak
if the keyring dir is missing, which is what I would expect.

> The gnome-keyring warning. Never seen this one before. I had a look
> for the hidden directory '.keyring-xxxxxx'. It was there under Gnome
> Classic but not with MATE. I do have mate-keyring installed. Any ideas
> or should I contact the MATE people?

Perhaps MATE puts the keyring-XXXXXX dir under /tmp.  Check the value of
$MATE_KEYRING_CONTROL in MATE. As for Gnome, does the name of the
~/.cache/keyring-XXXXXX dir match the value of $GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL?
The "No such file or directory" error suggests it doesn't.

> Entering 'rtmpdump' into a terminal, with MATE desktop, gives the following:
> jaketucker at debian:~$ rtmpdump
> RTMPDump v2.4
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
> /home/jaketucker/.cache/keyring-H4iKNQ/pkcs11: No such file or
> directory
> Segmentation fault

This is what happens every time your rtmpdump is executed by
get_iplayer, giving rise to the SWF Verification errors.