get-iplayer on Ubuntu Raring

Andy Stevens insomniacpenguin at googlemail.com
Wed May 1 09:34:00 EDT 2013

On 1 May 2013 08:57, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:

> You would have been better to use add-apt-repository as that would
> have automatically picked up the key for you.
>
> However if you run
> apt-cache policy get-iplayer
> It will tell you which version is installed and where it came from.

Thanks.  That command was informative:
$ apt-cache policy get-iplayer
get-iplayer:
  Installed: 2.82-2
  Candidate: 2.82-25-g3547d05-ppa8~raring
So looks like it installed the default version even though I'd added
the new source first.  Or perhaps I just needed to reboot in between,
as when I ran the software updater after next restart it showed new
versions of get-iplayer, rtmpdump, atomicparsley,
libimage-exiftool-perl & libmp3-tag-perl were available.
Interestingly, the update tool installed the new versions quite
happily without doing anything about the key you mentioned...

Andy.