Beebify update

please_no_reply at beebify.com please_no_reply at beebify.com
Thu Mar 21 06:13:13 EDT 2013

Many thanks to everyone who has already looked at Beebify - and to one
who kindly let me know that it's not obvious what to do if unable to
play a downloaded file.

The DRM licence isn't always available even though the file may be,
and visa versa - we're still analysing this.  Choosing from nearer the
bottom of the Beebify list gives more chance that both file and
licence will be available and for longer. However, if a file can't
acquire rights, leaving it for a few minutes, hours or even a day
before trying again seems to work in about half the cases.

And if outside the UK and being told 'go away' by the BBC when playing
a file, just use a UK proxy, or VPN or Hola's new free service.  If
using Hola, an important step is to specifically unblock BBC as this
is not set by default - for full info on this, and to ask more
questions, please come to the Beebify.com forum.  We've updated the
'Welcome' and 'Instructions' screen based on this feedback, and
welcome more in our Forum.

As one get_iplayer member has posted in our Forum, get_iPlayer does
more than Beebify.  With Beebify's automatic updating and simple
filtering of the list, perhaps regular get_iplayer users will find
Beebify a useful addition in quick checking of the latest BB episodes.

We also recognise that get_iplayer users are amongst the more
technically savyy, and we'd be very interested to get feedback from
any of your less experienced friends, family and work colleagues - we
designed the client (website) on the question 'Could my mother use
it?'.  Therefore we'd really value your family and friends'
experiences in the Forum.

Adam,
Beebify's nerd team.