Stopped working on my brother's PC

Derek Moss dmgi at stoptheviolence.co.uk
Thu Mar 7 09:58:53 EST 2013

On 6 March 2013 17:21, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your old CLI (get_iplayer -V to see how old) apparently still works, but
> that's no great surprise.  Many of the basics haven't changed.  More to the
> point, you've verified that your web pvr is ancient, pre-dating the time
> that get_iplayer was abandoned by its original developer.  It is a waste of
> time to try debugging such an old version.

The CLI is v2.82.

After all that, it turned out his desktop shortcut had a Start In of
"C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings" and there
was an old version of Get_iPlayer in there for some reason. We don't
even use  "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\" anymore, having
relocated it to "D:\Data\user\Desktop" years ago. Once I replaced the
shortcut with the new one from the Start Menu, with a Start In of
"C:\Program Files\get_iplayer"  it was fine.

Thanks for your help.