Stopped working on my brother's PC

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 12:21:39 EST 2013

On 06/03/2013 16:56, Derek Moss wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I used
> http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer_win/get_iplayer_setup_latest.exe
> unless something weird happened and it didn't download and there was
> already an old version in his download folder which I ran.

Only you would know.  Do yourself a favour and download a fresh copy.
Although it rarely changes, the installer should probably be downloaded
with its proper name rather than "latest".  I'll look into that.

> Would the commandline be working OK if it was 2 years out of date? If
> not, how could the commandline be current but the Web PVR 2 years old?

Your old CLI (get_iplayer -V to see how old) apparently still works, but
that's no great surprise.  Many of the basics haven't changed.  More to
the point, you've verified that your web pvr is ancient, pre-dating the
time that get_iplayer was abandoned by its original developer.  It is a
waste of time to try debugging such an old version.