Forbidden Filenames

Kapitano kapitano72 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 07:48:58 EST 2013

On 3/4/2013 14:35 PM, dinkypumpkin wrote:

> Not so.  The subdirectory name is also sanitised with --fatfilename,
> as you can see from the example Vangelis posted.  Without seeing your
> command or the full output, it's impossible to know where you went wrong.

Okay, I think I've figured part of it out. There was a zero length file
in the download folder called 'Afternoon Drama'. GiP was trying to
create a *folder* called 'Afternoon Drama', but couldn't because that
would have been a name clash.

As to *why* there was a file called 'Afternoon Drama', maybe someone at
the BBC isn't very good at naming files. As for why it was zero length,
I don't know, but I've been getting a lot of them - about one download
out of every ten, tv and radio.

So with thanks to Shevek, here's...the kapitano's log:

Running PVR Searches:
Radio4_Drama
Matches:
10101:    Afternoon Drama - Negative Signs of Progress: 1. Here, BBC
Radio 4, Drama,Political,Radio
10102:    Afternoon Drama - Negative Signs of Progress: 2. There, BBC
Radio 4, Drama,Political,Radio
10103:    Afternoon Drama - Negative Signs of Progress: 3. Somewhere,
BBC Radio 4, Drama,Political,Radio
10104:    Afternoon Drama - Fewer Not Less, BBC Radio 4, Drama,Radio
10109:    Afternoon Reading - The Foxes Come at Night: 1. Gondolas, BBC
Radio 4, Drama,Radio
10847:    Classic Serial - Pather Panchali - Song of the Road: Episode
2, BBC Radio 4, Classic & Period,Drama,Radio
11186:    Go West - 1. A Story to Be Told, BBC Radio 4,
Drama,Highlights,Radio
11319:    I Refuse - 3. The Fire The Fire, BBC Radio 4,
Drama,Historical,Radio
12422:    Saturday Drama - Confessions of a Medium, BBC Radio 4, Classic
& Period,Drama,Radio
12423:    Saturday Drama - The Iraq Dossier, BBC Radio 4,
Drama,Highlights,Popular,Radio
12793:    The Cazalets - Marking Time: Episode 10, BBC Radio 4, Drama,Radio

INFO: 11 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashaacstd1,flashaaclow1 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashaacstd1 mode to record radio: Afternoon Drama -
Negative Signs of Progress: 1. Here

INFO: File name prefix = Afternoon Drama s00e01 Negative Signs of
Progress Here
mkdir F:\Radio4_Drama\Afternoon Drama: File exists; Cannot create a file
when that file already exists at get_iplayer.pl line 3939

Here is my Options file, and the PVR search-file which produced the error:

radiomode flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaaclow,flashaudio
fileprefix <nameshort> <senum> <episodeshort>
subdir 1
subdirformat <nameshort>
whitespace 1
fatfilename 1