Forbidden Filenames

Kapitano kapitano72 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 04:25:56 EST 2013

Following up on my own question....

Using the --fatfilename switch removes reserved characters from
filenames, but seemingly not from folder names.

(I'd assumed --fatfilename would reduce filename lengths to 8
characters, as under the old FAT16 system, which is why I didn't try it.)

So I can download 'How Tickled am I?', but not into a folder named for
the series, because when GiP tries to create the folder, it produces the
error in line 3939.

I'm guessing that GiP tries to create the folder *before* the reserved
characters are stripped out. So is it possible to perform the strip (so
to speak) before the --subdir switch is acted upon?