OT: downloading brightcove videos

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 16:20:00 EST 2013

On 28/02/2013 11:06, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2013/02/27 18:21, M2 wrote:
>> pi at RaspberryPi-256 ~/get-flash-videos $ get_flash_videos
>> http://www.channel4.com/programmes/a-great-british-air-disaster/4od
> [...]
> I might have missed a recent commit but I don't think 4od works in
> get-flash-videos at the moment anyway though..

C4 support in get-flash-videos was updated last week.  Many (though not
all) programmes may now be available for 30 days after broadcast.
However, there are still at least a few programmes that g-f-v doesn't
find even though they actually are available.  That's down to the
content cataloguing by C4 rather than any glitch in g-f-v.

OP: Clone the g-f-v repository to get the very latest code  (Nigel's C4
changes have been merged).  There isn't much to it, but instructions are
here if you didn't get g-f-v that way before:

http://code.google.com/p/get-flash-videos/wiki/Installation

A couple of notes:

1. You'll need to use the full URL for the specific episode you want:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/a-great-british-air-disaster/4od#3485113

instead of

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/a-great-british-air-disaster/4od

2. Along with all the dependencies shown as missing in your earlier
report, you'll also need to install the Crypt::Blowfish_PP Perl module
(used by the C4 module in g-f-v).