Listformat

Rob Dixon rob.dixon at gmx.com
Mon Jun 24 14:00:57 EDT 2013

On 23/06/2013 15:41, Kapitano wrote:
> I want to set the listformat to <nameshort> <senum> <episodeshort>.
>
> But the line in the options file "listformat <nameshort> <senum>
> <episodeshort>" produces a list of programmes all called "<nameshort>
> <senum> <episodeshort>".
>
> The line "listformat hello world" causes GiP to list all programmes as
> the string "hello world". "listformat pid,name" gives...."pid,name".
>
> The same happens using --listformat in the command line.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

As dinkypumpkin says, you have happened upon three of the fields that
are unavailable at the point of creating the list of programs.

Here is a list of the fields available for TV programmes when I run
get_iplayer, together with their corresponding values. As you can see,
by no means all of them are useful things that you would want in your
file name.

  available  => "Unknown",
  categories => "Children's,Entertainment & Comedy,TV",
  channel    => "CBBC",
  desc       => "Actors from the cast of EastEnders share their memories from when they were 12.",
  duration   => "Unknown",
  episode    => "2. Eastenders",
  episodenum => 2,
  guidance   => "",
  index      => 1,
  name       => "12 Again: Series 3",
  pid        => "b01xvry7",
  seriesnum  => 3,
  thumbnail  => "http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/images/episode/b01xvry7_150_84.jpg",
  timeadded  => 1369101616,
  type       => "tv",
  versions   => "default",
  web        => "http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01xvry7.html",

Note also that the default format is something like

although there is no exact equivalent because the program omits fields
that are unavailable instead of leaving blanks. Also the default is
different for other programme types.

HTH,

Rob