Listformat

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 11:11:02 EDT 2013

On 23/06/2013 15:41, Kapitano wrote:
> I want to set the listformat to <nameshort> <senum> <episodeshort>.
>
> But the line in the options file "listformat <nameshort> <senum>
> <episodeshort>" produces a list of programmes all called "<nameshort>
> <senum> <episodeshort>".

--listformat only has access to the fields in the cache, but the fields
you want to use unfortunately are only populated when a programme is
actually downloaded.

> The line "listformat hello world" causes GiP to list all programmes as
> the string "hello world". "listformat pid,name" gives...."pid,name".

You just need to add back the angle brackets for the latter:

listformat <pid>,<name>

Below is a sample command with all the fields available to --listformat:

get_iplayer numtums