rtmpdump buffer issue for fast broadband connections

JDK jdk5093 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 09:06:35 EDT 2013

I'm referring to the issue discussed in the following thread (I'm new
to the list and I'm not aware of a method for me to reply to the
original thread):

Stream corrupt error and then rtmpdump goes nuts
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2013-January/003735.html

I use Windows (7x64), so I awaited the release of the new Windows
version of get_iplayer (283) to see if it was accompanied by a patched
version of rtmpdump, but I still seem to have the problem discussed in
that thread (I have a fibre broadband installation and my download
speed is the full 80mbps). rtmpdump almost always stalls within the
first kew kb of a download, and I have to kill rtmpdump. Once it
reloads, the download normally completes successfully.

Is anyone aware of a patched rtmpdump exe file for Windows that
incorporates the patch discussed in this thread? I did take a look at
the rtmpdump mail list. The issue was briefly discussed and a member
of this list did post the patch, but it doesn't seem to have been
taken further.