Wide Character in print. Problem or informational only?

J j at mailsorter.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jul 22 07:09:07 EDT 2013

Using --info on the World Service radio programme 'More or Less' shows
the line 'Wide character in print at get_iplayer.pl line 303.' and the 3
various <desc> fields that follow do, indeed, include several instances
(mostly apostrophes).

Is this informational only or might there be any consequences of this?

I ask because my over-night pvr run skipped flashaacstd1mode following:
ERROR: DECODING ERROR, IGNORING BYTES UNTIL NEXT KNOWN PATTERN! [9 of
these messages]
ERROR: HandleInvoke, error decoding invoke packet
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 12983628
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)

It then downloaded the wma but a more recent forced attempt to download
the aac gave:
WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet
WARNING: HandleInvoke, Sanity failed. no string method in invoke packet
804.224 kB / 28.67 sec (5.3%)
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 4952328
804.224 kB / 28.67 sec (5.3%)
it attempted resuming and eventually claimed 'Download complete' (the
resultant mp3 is not complete).

I only provide this extra info just in case it provides a helpful
diagnostic link to the 'wide character' message. I have a usable audio
file so am not seeking help with downloading.

Jon