How do I make GiP re-record a program i've already recorded?

J K.Eason john at jeason.cix.co.uk
Sun Jul 21 12:03:00 EDT 2013

> Do you, by any chance, know of a command line to use to
> "reset" / purge that download history file from time to time,
> as a quick browse of the 'long help" did not in fact yield
> anything "helpful" for me in that respect...

As far as I know there is no option to control the size of that file
from within get_iplayer. I don't do a lot of downloading here, so it
isn't a problem for me.

> I have another way of keeping track of my downloads,
> so what I now do to "clear" this file is open it with an editor
> every, say, two months and delete its contents (when GiP
> is not running) - OS is WinVista x86.

 That sounds sensible. At least it doesn't need to be done frequently.

> Greetings (and do enjoy the Greek-style weather for as
> long as it lasts...)

It's grey and windy here in the East Midlands today and was drizzling up
until lunchtime. Not at all 'Greek-style'! :^(

Regards
       John