Problem with "Series"

J j at mailsorter.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jul 19 10:12:52 EDT 2013

dinkypumpkin wrote:
<snip>

   I would also
> bet a number of people rely on the "Series XXX" string in <name> to sort
> their output files.  Presumably <nameshort> exists to accommodate those
> who don't.

Not exclusively, perhaps. It could also be used by those who sort. I
could be mis-reading the data or looking at inappropriate data but
consider the likes of "Book of the Week" or "Book at Bedtime". The
<Title> might be "Book of the Week: Permanent Present Tense: Episode 5"
but each sub-set of episodes for one book is now in (default)
<seriesnum> of 1.

One could output a set of episodes into a directory named "Permanent
Present Tense" or else sort output files into a <nameshort> directory of
"Book of the Week" and have them sorted by name such as "Permanent
Present Tense-s01e05".

That fits better with my preferences for more typical
programme/series/episode downloads and I'm assuming that over-riding
default output spec isn't attempted for these programmes or any other
identified exceptions to one's preferred conventions.

Jon