New Website

michael norman michaeltnorman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 08:16:08 EDT 2013

> I think the question is this:
>
> 1) How can make iplayer easier to discuss?
Do you mean get_player and BBC iplayer both or just get_iplayer ?
> 2) How can we make it easier to download / find?
Assuming you mean get_player my latest google search gives me the old
Linuxcentre link and SQ's guide.

Downloading and finding is not difficult from there. SQ's guide has all
you need.

AFAIK most Linux distros have packages available SQ's guide and githead
docs tell you about Windows.
> 3) How can we achieve the 1) and 2) without increasing risk?
If you accept the need for more discussion of get_iplayer other than
this list then I suppose you set up a forum as SQ recommends.

> 4) What is an acceptable level of risk?

Don't do anything to raise the profile of get_iplayer to the extent that
the BBCs lawyers get involved
> 5) What are the realistic risks? and what are overhyped risks?
> 6) What are the consequences of misjudging 5) ?
Your own posts have gone a long way to answering both.