New get_iplayer website & forums

tommy myname at imagine.fsworld.co.uk
Tue Jul 16 18:16:55 EDT 2013

"And this mailing list is doing my head in - the software is so
hopelessly antiquated"

The mailing list is just that - a *mailing* list. If your email client
is antiquated, then get a new one! Personally, I'd be a bit
disappointed if mailing list traffic moved to a forum structure,
particularly as there appears to be no email integration (currently).

Purely from a selfish perspective, I find mail that comes to me is far
easier to engage with than a forum which I have to go checking...

As for the site, it certainly look very good so well done - on a
purely usability point, I would say that including "guides", "FAQs"
_and_ a "wiki" would appear to involve unnecessary duplication, which
is going to keep you very busy in trying to keep them up to date!

More importantly, however, like others above, I'm not sure that the
principle of the site is a great idea, and that it will serve only to
increase the concerns of the rights-holders. Obviously, as a (very!)
rare contributor, I only all of this only as an opinion and defer to
those closer to the project (dinkypumpkin) for decisions about how the
the site moves forward.

tommy