New get_iplayer website & forums

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Tue Jul 16 13:28:56 EDT 2013

Square Penguin <squarepenguin at getiplayer.co.uk> wrote:

> With that in mind, and with the help of Dinkypumpkin, I've created a fully
> fledged get_iplayer website, complete with guides...

It looks excellent, I think!

There's a couple of typos in the
http://getiplayer.co.uk/guides/tv-download-guide/ and corresponding radio
pages (as well as a missing screenshot on the radio page), where you say
"There are two basic says to download..." - "says" should be "ways".

On the tv page, I was a bit confused when I read:

"This is telling get_iplayer to get all programmes that match the search
"Top Gear" and get the 'best' quality stream available. Note that if you are
not using the 'best' command and instead are using specific quality
settings, there must be no gaps between the commas and words.

The commands must be written without spaces ..."

because that immediately followed a screenshot of a commandline that didn't
contain any commas, and I thought that someone might think it meant to
remove the spaces that are needed (and shown in your examples) between the
separate arguments on the command-line.  I think there needs to be a new
paragraph just before "Note that if..." as this and the following text
really applies to the next command you illustrate.

Do square penguins eat square fish?  If so, have an extra juicy one.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.