New get_iplayer website & forums

Square Penguin squarepenguin at getiplayer.co.uk
Tue Jul 16 12:56:27 EDT 2013

Hello all,

A few months ago I wrote a Complete Beginners Guide to get_iplayer on my
personal blog, shortly followed by a Troubleshooting Guide.

'Complete' was a bit of a stretch as I soon learnt from the 300+
comments that poured in looking for assistance. However, the posts were
very successful with around 12,000+ unique visitors in the last month
and tens of thousands of page views.

I was also very fortunate to have Dinkypumkin stop by on a regular basis
to offer expert advice and knowledge to those in need.

With that in mind, and with the help of Dinkypumpkin, I've created a
fully fledged get_iplayer website, complete with guides, forums, a
complete mirror of the Wiki from GitHub (which DP has graciously helped
to populate and transfer), faq and quick install guides for all platforms.

The site went 'live' yesterday and you can find the it at the link
below, along with my reasons for creating it which are to be found on
the blog:

http://getiplayer.co.uk

It's pitched very much at the newbie so I hope it helps some of those
who struggle to get to grips with get_iplayer, or even with this mailing
list ;-)

Of course, it could all be in vain after the recent demise of Radio
Downloader (a contemptuous act by the BBC!) and the potential for the
BBC to send in the heavies. But here's to hoping that's not the case...

SquarePenguin