(not) converting to mp3

Derek Moss dmgi at stoptheviolence.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 17:07:14 EDT 2013

Aha, testing here has revealed that the --raw option in the prefs
cancels out the --aactomp3 option in the prefs, which is why it isn't
doing the conversion after download on my brother's PC.

Even specifiying --aactomp3 on the commandline doesn't override --raw
in the prefs, so it seems I'll have to remove the --raw setting for
him to get it working. Then he'll have the same problem he had before
with TV programmes taking ages to convert though (even though it's
apparently only remuxing and not converting) although I guess he can
manually cancel them once they get to the conversion stage. Maybe if
he could have it download the flv to one drive and create the mp4 on
another it would work better. Although converting the radio programmes
to mp3 with xrecord/lame does take a while due to his slow processor,
it's manageable (I think it was going to take about 1.5hrs to convert
three programmes when I tested the other night, one of which was 2
hours long, with the other two being somewhat shorter and was only
using about 40% of the CPU). Obviously TV programme files are much
larger but if it's just repacking and not converting, it should be
able to cope.