Folk Club - saga ...

Chris J Brady chrisjbrady at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 8 13:31:40 EDT 2013

Well eventually I found a cafe with fast wifi - it was the end of the day and it was rock steady.

I tried Folk Club in the PVM List - this failed due to lost packets, and a timeout during downloading, etc., yet again.

Then I tried CLine with minimum options (incl. --force) and that too failed due to a timeout during downloading, and lost packets, etc.

Then I tried CLine with the option sugested in previous posts (incl. --force) and that too failed due to a timeout during downloading, and lost packets, etc.

Then I tried WebPVM, did a search for 'folk club' - got one listing, then clicked on 'Record' - that failed due to ... ditto

Finally I tried copying and pasting the programmes iPlayer URL into the Quick URL field of the WebPVM and clicked on Record - and that ran right through to the end OK.

I have also tried iFetch - and this ran through with no problems downloading a number of programmes simultaneously. Looking at the logs though it appears that there were some missed packets, but iFetch simply ignores those and carries on. It is interesting to look at the iFetch logs too. It does seem that RTPDump is the week link in all of this.

CJB.

.