"Re:" subject mail issue

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Jul 7 04:25:29 EDT 2013

On Sun Jul 7 08:40:05 BST 2013, Colin Law wrote:

>On 7 July 2013 04:29 BST, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
>>
>> I only use the infradead archive to read and post, since this way the
>> threading is maintained...
>
>Why don't you just sign up to the mailing list?  Your mailer should
>show it threaded (it may be an option in the mailer to show the
>threaded view).

 Good morning :-)
Please read these:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-March/001193.html

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-April/001240.html

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-April/001242.html

 and the following excerpt from a private mail to David Woodhouse:

Now, let me describe briefly how things (mal)function in my household:

 Our main unit is a WinXP desktop PC (its mail client is Outlook Express),
which is on many hours (10-15) a day,
because my sister is e-working on that...the mail client is always on, it
has 6 active accounts, one of which is mine (northmedia1 at ...).
So, every mail sent to my address gets downloaded in the desktop, my sister
places it in a "Vangelis" folder, sometime during the day
I have a look at what's in there...
 I, on the other hand, use a 2007 bought low-spec Vista laptop, which has a
small (by today's standards) HDD (80GB), was badly
(not by me!) set up in the first place, and now, after the installation of 2
service paks, countless MS updates  & needed software,
suffers from critically low space in its system partition!
 When the laptop is on, its mail client (configured with only my mail
account) is off, I use Windows Mail in a "hit-and-run" fashion,
i.e. open it, compose new mail, send it, delete it from "sent" folder &
exit...
 So, this is mainly the reason I don't want to join the list...And that's
why I treat the archive as a sort of "inbox" and want to reply
to mails from within...

Regards,
Vangelis.