Converting flv to mp3 automatically

Derek Moss dmgi at stoptheviolence.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 04:13:47 EDT 2013

OK, I didn't think so and tried get_iplayer --prefs-add --wmatomp3 in
case that was an option but it wasn't.

I'm not sure exactly why it can't cope with video without using raw,
maybe it's because it's reading and writing from the same HDD
simultaneously but I know it takes forever and once we found out he
could play the flv files already, we decided to skip that step. He has
got a 2nd HDD which he uses for things like DVD Shrink, so that it's
reading from one drive and writing to another but I'm not sure this
can be done with get_iplayer. Perhaps it might be better for him to
use another app to convert the flv to mp3 after they've downloaded,
which will allow him to use the 2nd HDD as output. I'm not sure
exactly what he does with the video flv but he's never complained to
me about them so I guess they suit his purposes.

I've just upgraded him to v2.83 and set modes=good, although he might
need to specify --tvmode=flashstd, flashnormal, flashlow as I'm not
sure if he was downloading anything higher than flashstd before.

Radio was using good but I've specified
"flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaudio,flashaaclow,wma" using radiomode
now as he was unable to download anything, although that turned out to
be because he had peerblock enabled! Thinking about it, that's
probably also why I saw it fail to download aac and move to wma (which
probably also failed), so perhaps he won't see any wma downloads now
that it's working.

Cheers

Derek