Error: rtmpdump 16-bit vs. 64-bit; incomplete recordings

Rachael brattyjedi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 08:26:11 EDT 2013

Another Radio Downloader refugee so I'm new to all this. Hopefully I'm
not just being dense and missing an obvious and easy solution.

I believe I have successfully installed everything for the Web PVR
Manager version. I've tried numerous times to record individual
episodes of radio programs. Every time the same process occurs.

(1) I get a pop-up message withe header "Unsupported 16-bit
application" which says that "rtmpdump.exe cannot start or run due to
incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows." I click OK on that
error message.

(2) The Web PVR says, among other things:
WARNING: Your version of rtmpdump/flvstreamer does not support SWF Verification
WARNING: rtmpdump/flvstreamer 1.8 or later is required - please upgrade
INFO: skipping flashaaclow1 mode
INFO: Trying wma1 mode to record radio: [Program]

(3) It runs for a while that way saying it is recording then says it
completed. The problem is that it never runs for the full length of
time of the program and never records the entire program. It typically
runs for only 2 or 3 minutes. It once ran for about 42 or 43 minutes
on a 45-minute program. In all cases, the wma file saved on my
computer claims in properties to be a file of the full length of the
original program but when I try to play it, it only runs for the
length of time that the recording ran and if I open it in a sound
editor so I can see the wave lengths of the audio, there is clearly
only sound for the first few minutes, however long the recording ran,
and then there is a noiseless blank for the remainder of the supposed
time of the file.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, making sure that
rtmpdump was checked on the reinstall. I've also tried doing some
basic internet searching on rtmpdump and 16-bit, 32-bit, 64-bit, etc.
issues but haven't found a solution that makes sense to me. I'm
ideally looking for something that can save the audio files from BBC
Radio without having to actually play the entire file and take the run
time of a program to download and save. My understanding is that if I
can get the rtmpdump problem fixed and get the flashaaclow1 mode
working, that should do what I want and the files should be able to
save to my computer without having to do live recording for the entire
time of the program. If that isn't possible, I've got other programs
that can record the wma in real time so fixing that part of the
problem here isn't strictly necessary for me.