get_iplayer Digest, Vol 39, Issue 2

Mike Casswell iplayer at nutwood.net
Tue Jul 2 13:52:05 EDT 2013

Many thanks for all the helpful comments.

I should, of course, have mentioned that I was running Windows 7.

I hadn't picked up the fact that command line configuration could be
sticky, I had assumed that the parameters would need to be added on
each use.

To be honest, I was trying to use get_iplayer in anger before I had
learned enough about it, because I was missing programmes. Now that I'm
getting results, I can take more time to explore.

As far as transcoding to mp3 is concerned, I understand the points
raised against. In the main, though, I listen to my downloaded radio
programmes via the hard disk mp3 player in my car or through headphones
on my phone so I'll stick to mp3.

Thanks again.

--
Mike Casswell