get_iplayer just stopped working

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 21:00:16 EST 2013

On 27/01/2013 22:13, Alastair wrote:
> I have done uninstall and re-install of get_iplayer, rtmpdump, librtmp0.  I had to force the
> librtmp0 removal as there were 256 dependencies which otherwise would have had to be
> rolled back.  All the versions appear to match except that ffmpeg is old version and I cannot
> upgrade without having to roll back a many others.  This I don't understand.
> I can post all the version numbers tomorrow but am on different machine right now.

256 dependencies - cripes.  No need to post version numbers given what
you've said below.

> I seem to have two versions of librtmp.so.0. one in usr/lib64 of 115.6KiB modified
> 01/11/2012
> and one in /usr/local/lib of 119.0 KiB modified 10/01/2012.  I am sure the latter is
> redundant and have no idea why it is there.  The dates did not change with the
> reinstallation!

The date on the one in /usr/lib64 squares with the packman build.  My
guess is that the one in /usr/local/lib is causing the problem.  It will
get linked in preference to the one in /usr/lib64.  It almost certainly
doesn't match the rtpdump installed from packman.  At least one
incompatible API change was introduced to librtmp in mid 2011, so it's
possible - though impossible to know - that your /usr/local/lib version
was built with some old code that is incompatible with the packman
rtmpdump.  Anyway, I would say to remove the /usr/local/lib version of
librtmp.so.0 and see what happens.  And make sure there isn't an old
version of rtmpdump hanging around in /usr/local/bin.