get_iplayer just stopped working

Alastair ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Sat Jan 26 17:30:42 EST 2013

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 20:19:59 +0000 dinkypumpkin wrote:

>On 26/01/2013 20:08, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>>On 26/01/2013 17:26, Alastair wrote:
>>>Please could somebody guide me either to a fresh install of
>>>get_iplayer or a fix.  Getting
>>>urgent because some programmes are about to be removed from bbc server
>>>before I have
>>>had chance to download.  Please help me.
>>
>>If you're seeing segfaults, get_iplayer itself is not the problem. Based
>>on your earlier post, you have a damaged installation of rtmpdump or one
>>of its dependencies: librtmp, libc, and maybe openssl or zlib.
>
>I was typing without thinking there.  If any of those besides rtmpdump or librtmp is
broken,
>you would likely see problems all over.  Perhaps the place to start is to uninstall/reinstall
>rtmpdump and librtmp and see if that helps.

Tried that now from Packman repo and still getting segmentation faults reported.

I found the original rpms and fix for get_iplayer and rtmpdump that you helped me with in
2010 and tried to run them and received error message that perl Bundle::LWP was not
available.  Strange as I thought I had installed it with CPAN.  Also cannot find librtmp, only
librtmp0?

Now totally lost.
Alastair.