Hanging Workaround - PVR Runner

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Sat Jan 26 04:47:11 EST 2013

On 26 January 2013 08:49, Kapitano <kapitano72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/25/2013 22:59 PM, Jon Davies wrote:
>>>
>>> I've come up with a workaround to the problem of GiP hanging when it
>>> receives bad data.
>>
>> which problem is this?  (this isn't a problem I've seen, nor one I can
>> find in the mailing list, though that doesn't mean it isn't there...
>> ;-)
>>

> You see? I'm so good I can make problems disappear retroactively.
>
> But seeing as my ISP has today decided it can't handle RAR files as email
> attachments, you can download my little workaround here:

the mailing list won't handle attachments either.

But anyhow, I was interested in fixing the underlying problem rather
than doing anything with the workaround.  I'd rather get_iplayer just
didn't hang, and I was wondering in what way it did.  ("works for me"
doesn't usually help, even though it's true ;-)

Cheers
jon