rtmpdump updates for raspberry pi/raspbian

Alex Eames alex at translatortips.com
Thu Jan 24 12:49:06 EST 2013

On 24/01/2013 17:36, Neill Mitchell wrote:
> Hi Alex.
>
> So were your downloads typically failing before the new version? If
> so, this goes some way to confirm that increasing rtmpdump's working
> buffer helps solve this problem with fast connections :)

Unfortunately, I can't give a reliable answer to this because I've been
using Get_iplayer on a different computer since September.

Only just come back to the Pi for this as I found it more convenient to
use another machine.

I followed Jon's apt-get installation a couple of days ago and that
seemed to work OK. But I've downloaded 5 HD programs with the new Pi
debs today and no failures or issues at all.

But recently, the other computer, which is a server in a datacentre, so
must have a really good connection, started having intermittent and
increasingly common failures. I attributed it to the Christmas "load"
but it's still happening now. That one's on Ubuntu server (LTS lucid, I
think) using Jon's PPA (but I don't know when it last updated itself).

Hope this helps a bit. Based on one day's usage, the new tweaks seem
really good.

Alex