rtmpdump updates for Ubuntu and derivatives

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Tue Jan 22 18:05:30 EST 2013

On 22 January 2013 21:44, Alex Eames <alex at translatortips.com> wrote:
> I've already had to update the installation instructions several times as
> the OS changes so rapidly
> on the Pi. (although I think I need to do it again now if recent comments
> are anything to go by)
as of now, the simplest way to install get-iplayer on a raspberry pi is:

$ sudo apt-get install get-iplayer ffmpeg atomicparsley libmp3-info-perl

(if I recall correctly this wouldn't have worked a few months ago when
you started writing this stuff up)

> If you make a raspbian repo, that will solve a lot of headaches for a lot of
> people
all this will actually do is give people access to more recent
versions of rtmpdump, AtomicParsley and get-iplayer.  This does have
advantages, in that rtmpdump should work better (particularly on fast
connections), AtomicParsley will support a few more tags, and
get-iplayer has the various fixes since 2.82.  But it works reasonably
well out of the box now.

Cheers
Jon