Fw: RadioArchive.cc - RIP

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Fri Jan 18 04:20:59 EST 2013

On 17 January 2013 23:45, Peter S Kirk <peter.kirk at isauk.biz> wrote:
> I up BBC radio to TPB now.

Admitting in a public forum that you're acting in a way that's clearly
contrary to the law isn't such a good idea.

get_iplayer is intended for personal use within the law:  I'm not a
lawyer (though I do a fair amount of contract/commercial stuff in my
day job) but my interpretation of both copyright law and the terms and
conditions for accessing the BBC website leads me to conclude that
get_iplayer enables legitimate uses of data from the BBC.

Sharing the programmes you download is contrary to both copyright law
(which allows timeshifting of broadcasts, amongst other things) and
the BBC's terms and conditions.  get_iplayer is not intended for such
uses.  Please desist.

Regards
Jon