[BUG] get_iplayer 2.82 PVR function is ignoring recording modes

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Mon Jan 14 10:40:28 EST 2013

On 13 January 2013 22:27, Phil Elvey <phil.elvey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to help me understand, there are two options files, one in
> /etc/get_iplayer, and one in ~/.get_iplayer/
>
> Does the one in /etc/get_iplayer have preference over the other, or is the
> one in ~/.get_iplayer not used/relevant at all?

My understanding is that the settings in ~/.get_iplayer override any
settings in /etc/get_iplayer.  You could think of get_iplayer working
like this:

apply default settings
override with anything set in /etc/get_iplayer (or wherever the
equivalent options file is on other architectures)
override with anything set in ~/get_iplayer
override with anything set in the pvr configuration
override with anything set on the command line

and whatever you're left with is what happens.  (or at least, that's
my understanding and expectation of how it behaves, without actually
checking the code.)

If you prefer thinking in terms of what has priority, simply work
through the list the other way round (the last item in my list has
highest priority).

However, note that the (many and various) modes options also have a
degree of priority - so having set modes, tvmode and radiomode (and
<plugin>mode for plugins), you'll find that the more specific mode,
e.g. "tvmode" for iplayer tv content, overrides "modes".  And if
tvmode is set, then modes is ignored for tv programmes.

Hope this helps
Jon