Downloading Subtitles-Only

Kapitano kapitano72 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 10:05:10 EST 2013

When I run this:

get_iplayer --type tv --subtitles-only --terse --search .*

...GiP doesn't just list what subtitles are available, it downloads the
srt files. And if I run it again, it downloads them again.

If I run it on different days, I get identical srt files with different
datestamps in the filenames. If I do that with only
--file-prefix="<name> - <episode>", it overwrites the previous downloads
without asking.

Is there a way to prevent all of these happening? Or am I missing
something incredibly obvious?