[BUG] get_iplayer 2.82 PVR function is ignoring recording modes

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 08:06:45 EST 2013

On 10/01/2013 22:07, Phil Elvey wrote:
> pvrsearch = _Countryfile_name_tv
>     category = Factual
>     fields = name
>     modes = flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashaac,flashaacstd,flashaudio,realaudio,wma
>     output = /home/phil/TV/iPlayer
>     search0 = ^Countryfile$
>     subtitles = 0
>     thumb = 0
>     type = tv
>     versionlist = default
>
> [...]
> As you can see, Countryfile and Miranda both have flashhd excluded from
> the modes
>
> However I will now post the output of the PVR download log, showing that
> Countryfile downloaded last night in flashhd:
>
> Matches:
> 203:    Countryfile - Horses and Dogs, BBC One, Factual,Nature &
> Environment,Science & Nature,TV, default
>
> INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
> INFO: Checking existence of default version
> INFO: flashhd1,flashhd2,flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2
> modes will be tried for version default

Only one very tiny thing looked out of place in your pvr list (though I
doubt it matters): the leading underscore in the search names.  Did you
put those in?

I can't duplicate your problem, so here are some suggestions:

1. Stick that pvr output log on Pastebin (or similar site) and reply
here with the link.  I'd like to see what is going with the other
searches, though I'm doubtful it will be of much help.

2. Run one of the problem PVR searches separately on the command line
with verbose logging enabled:

get_iplayer --verbose --force --pvr _Countryfile_name_tv

The --force option will allow to repeat the download you've already
done.  You can hit Ctrl-C once the downloading begins.  Delete any
previous downloads before running.  Stick that log on Pastebin as well.

3. The next time you run your full pvr list, do it from the command line
as well and capture the log:

get_iplayer --verbose --pvr > log.txt 2>&1