Stream corrupt error and then rtmpdump goes nuts

Neill Mitchell neill at nlkmitchell.com
Fri Jan 4 04:51:47 EST 2013

Hi. I assume as you are running on a Raspberry Pi you built rtmpdump
yourself?

Obviously my x86_64 binary will not run on your ARM. The patch is quite
easy if you have the build environment set up.

Just open rtmpdump.c and search for "64 x 1024" and change it to 64 x
4096. In the same function you need to replace all instances of 1024.0
with 4096.0. I think it's in about 6 places. Otherwise the percent
complete indicator doesn't work.

Also, in the top level and librtmp Makefiles add -funroll-loops after
the -O2 compiler option. Basically to try to get things to run as fast
as possible. Then make clean and make.

To be honest, I think your Pi's processor will struggle with this. It's
right on the edge with my quad core desktop processor. The fundamental
problem is rtmpdump does not have any sort of flow control implemented.
It just opens the network socket then grabs and processes the data as it
comes in. What is really needed is for flow control to be added. This is
beyond my very rusty C skills!

Cheers Neill.