web-settings-and-get_iplayer-defaults-harmonisation

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Wed Feb 20 18:14:17 EST 2013

On 30 January 2013 22:39, Pete Beardmore <pete.beardmore at msn.com> wrote:
> #patch attached (hopefully!)
> anyway. finally i got up and running and so on to the hackery. the attached
> patch makes the web server work as i want it to with regard to where
> defaults come from. specifically it:

looking at this in a bit more detail has been on my to-do list for a
while, where it still sits. I just wanted to say thanks for the patch
and not leave you hanging and apparently ignored.

I like the principle of what you seem to be trying to do here, and I'd
wondered about doing something similar a long while ago. (I never did,
because I don't use the web interface much, if ever, partly because
like you I don't like the way it handles options ;-)

cheers,
jon