get_iplayer hangs after 'Started writing to temp'

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 08:53:49 EST 2013

On 31/01/2013 19:40, Alan Torchinsky wrote:
> No, temp files are small (close to 2% of original), unplayable and
> return read error with AtomicParsley -t.

I took another look at AP code and noticed that it copies data from the
original file in a  different manner on Linux, so the progress bar
behaviour won't necessarily be the same.  Sorry about that.  Linux
builds use splice() to copy unchanged data from the original file to the
temp file.  I though that might be a potential trouble spot if, say,
splice() were hanging on a pipe read/write, but I couldn't generate any
hangs, so that was moot.  Tossing this one into the Bermuda Triangle.

> Regarding the mailing list: having chosen to receive a daily digest of
> the messages, is there a way to reply to message like this and retain
> the thread structure?

You can reply from the list archive.  Click on the sender address of the
message to which you want to reply.  You'll have to cut and paste any
bits you want to quote.