BBC SD->HD changes

Christopher Woods christopher at custommade.org.uk
Wed Dec 25 08:55:32 EST 2013

Ultimately, depends on whether the programme was supplied as HD to the
Beeb. Other stuff will be upconverted, but the hardware upconverters used
on TX will still yield a better, higher quality result (albeit larger
filesize) than SD equivalent.

A quick check of /programmes shows an HD indicator next to BBC Three stuff
originated in high def (e.g.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/programmes/schedules/2013/12/25), is that of
any use?

Merry Christmas :)