BBC SD->HD changes

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Tue Dec 24 15:23:28 EST 2013

Alex,

BBC introduced BBC3 and BBC4 HD channels a couple of weeks ago, hence the
appearance of more HD content on iplayer. I can't comment on quality of new
or old shows. However, you could try comparing:

Byzantium.A.Tale.Of.Three.Cities.S01E01.PDTV.x264-BARGE
with
Byzantium.A.Tale.Of.Three.Cities.S01E02.HDTV.x264-BARGE
Byzantium.A.Tale.Of.Three.Cities.S01E02.720p.HDTV.x264-BARGE
and
Byzantium.A.Tale.Of.Three.Cities.S01E03.HDTV.x264-BARGE
Byzantium.A.Tale.Of.Three.Cities.S01E03.720p.HDTV.x264-BARGE

As the addition of HD ocurred after E01 was broadcast

Merry Christmas,

Peter