Radio File Format Questions

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Dec 1 23:08:38 EST 2013

On Sun Dec 1 23:01:15 GMT 2013, Budgie wrote:

>Hi Vangelis,
>Top posting just to say thanks.

 You are most welcome...

>You have given me much to consider:
>More than I dared hope.

 Since this is a public mailing list, I tend to think there's
some chance others may (or may not) benefit from what
I write...

>If I get stuck, will start a new thread.

 If you stumble upon FFmpeg specific issues, please do
consider that FFmpeg may be a helper utility used by get_iplayer,
but this is the get_iplayer mailing list and it could be disputed by other
list members (or its maintainer) that FFmpeg usage queries are outside
the scope of this list - FWIW, there's ample documentation on the net
on FFmpeg  and a very active mailing list (that I frequented in the past)
here:

http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/

>On 01/12/13 05:22, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
>> On Sat Nov 30 23:14:55 GMT 2013, Budgie wrote:
>> (gigantic snip)
>> get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org

(Please read this as a "do not repeat in future"  friendly advice,
not a reprimand:)
 You shouldn't have quoted the entirety of my long reply in your
"just to say thanks" message; this was in direct disrespect of
the list netiquette, found here:

http://david.woodhou.se/email.html

 I have kept a copy of my mail in my "Sent Items" folder,
the other list members have a copy of it in their "Inboxes"
and those who are reading the list archives are just one click
away from it if currently reading your latest reply!
 This type of  behaviour will (if it hasn't already) get you on
a "blacklist" by the maintainer of the list, Mr Woodhouse...

Most Kind Regards,
Vangelis