I haven't been able to download using PID for ages....

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Wed Sep 26 09:25:03 EDT 2012

On 26/09/2012 13:42, Jon Davies wrote:
> On 26 September 2012 12:59, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com> wrote:
>> I haven't been able to download using PID for ages but finally got some
>> spare time to try & solve it.
>> [...]
>> "C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.cmd" -o "C:\Downloads\BBC\"
>> --modes=flashaaclow,flashaacstd,rtspaaclow,rtspaacstd,wma --pid b012klt2
> You should read the messages that get_iplayer gives you, specifically
> this one, which appears at the end after a long list of episodes:

I'm not getting any messages. The output file has the warranty
disclaimer followed by a list of 'matched' programs & ends with "INFO:
974 Matching Programmes"

> INFO: Please run the command again using one of the above episode PIDs
> or to get all programmes add the --pid-recursive option

I may have given you a wrong PID. I wasn't trying to record a whole
series/brand, just one show.

Try this one:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.cmd" -o
"C:\Downloads\BBC\" --refresh --force -f --modes=best --pid b01mxvr5 --i -v

Which should be this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01mxvr5

I've added a couple of other options to hopefully help but didn't.

Cheers
Dave F.