WebPVR Record not working

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 12:59:46 EDT 2012

On 20/10/2012 17:49, Derek Moss wrote:
> I tried it from the command line as you suggested and get an error
> "Required program flvstreamer does not exist". Perhaps I need to
> reinstall 2.82 as I'm not sure I've done that with this Windows
> installation (I had to revert to a True Image backup and I run GI from
> a Portable Apps folder, so it's possible the install needs to create
> some files), so I'll try that.

The Windows installer sets things up with 2 assumptions built in: 1) the
helper applications are installed in subdirectories of the installation
directory (C:\Program Files\get_iplayer or equivalent); 2) the web pvr
and get_iplayer script run with the installation directory as working
directory.  Those assumptions are used to create the system options file
(C:\ProgramData\get_iplayer\options for Win7). As you said, it's more
likely you fell afoul of #1, but check the system options file as well.