Live radio stream problems/queries

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Sat Oct 20 08:17:43 EDT 2012

On 18 October 2012 10:17, Richard Mace <richard.mace at btinternet.com> wrote:
> I like to record radio 3's Late Junction program. I have been doing this
> successfully via get_iplayer for a number of years, obviously, I
> only keep the recordings for 30 days....
> I like to use the live stream (rather than listen again) because of the
> higher bit rate.

There was a time when the 320k streams were only available live.  The
BBC have nicely been providing 320kbps recordings on iPlayer for a
while now (though I've not found anything that wasn't on Radio 3 in
320k).

something like
   get_iplayer --type radio --get "Late Junction"
results in a 320kbps recording from where I'm sitting.

cheers,
Jon