ERROR: RTMP_Connect0 failed to connect socket 10060 (Unknown error)

Nigel Taylor njtaylor at asterisk.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 17 07:28:25 EST 2012

On 11/17/12 08:24, nearangel wrote:
> [...]
> installed the latest program on another computer computer.  All
> attempts to record TV or radio produce roughly the following error:
>
> ==========================================================================>
> C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --pid b01ntm33 --type=radio
> get_iplayer v2.82, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
>   This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
>   This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
>   conditions; use --conditions for details.
>
> INFO: Episode-only pid detected
> INFO: Trying pid: b01ntm33 using type: radio
> INFO Trying to stream pid using type radio
> INFO: pid not found in radio cache
> INFO: Checking existence of default version
> INFO: flashaacstd1,flashaaclow1,flashaaclow2 modes will be tried for
> version default
> INFO: Trying flashaacstd1 mode to record radio: Friday Drama - Enquirer
> INFO: File name prefix = Friday_Drama_-_Enquirer_b01ntm33_default
> RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> Connecting ...
> ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10060 (Unknown error)
> INFO: Command exit code 3 (raw code = 768)
> WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\iPlayer
> Recordings\Friday_Drama_-_Enquirer_b01ntm33_default.partial.aac.flv
> via RTMP
> INFO: skipping flashaacstd1 mode
> INFO: Trying flashaaclow1 mode to record radio: Friday Drama - Enquirer
> INFO: File name prefix = Friday_Drama_-_Enquirer_b01ntm33_default
> RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> Connecting ...
> ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10060 (Unknown error)
> INFO: Command exit code 3 (raw code = 768)
> WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\iPlayer
> Recordings\Friday_Drama_-_Enquirer_b01ntm33_default.partial.aac.flv
> via RTMP
> INFO: skipping flashaaclow1 mode
> INFO: Trying flashaaclow2 mode to record radio: Friday Drama - Enquirer
> INFO: File name prefix = Friday_Drama_-_Enquirer_b01ntm33_default
> RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> WARNING: Unknown protocol!
>
> Connecting ...
> ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10060 (Unknown error)
> INFO: Command exit code 3 (raw code = 768)
> WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\iPlayer
> Recordings\Friday_Drama_-_Enquirer_b01ntm33_default.partial.aac.flv
> via RTMP
> INFO: skipping flashaaclow2 mode
> ERROR: Failed to record 'Friday Drama - Enquirer (b01ntm33)'
>
> C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>
> C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --pid b01ntm33 --type=radio

That works here with windows XP.

[...]

INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              3480.04
INFO:   moovPosition          36.00
INFO:   audiocodecid          mp4a
INFO:   aacaot                2.00
INFO:   audiosamplerate       44100.00
INFO:   audiochannels         2.00
INFO: tags:
INFO:   ©alb                 Friday Drama
INFO:   aART                  BBC Radio 4 FM
INFO:   ©ART                 BBC Radio 4 FM
INFO:   ©cmt                 An investigation into the current crisis
in newspa
pers - in the words of the journalists.
INFO:   cprt                  British Broadcasting Corporation © 2012,
all righ
ts reserved.
INFO:   ©gen                 Podcast
INFO:   ©nam                 Friday Drama 16 11 2012
INFO:   ©day                 2012
INFO: trackinfo:
INFO:   length                153469952.00
INFO:   timescale             44100.00
INFO:   language              und
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            mp4a
5052.824 kB / 309.20 sec (8.8%)

It suggests some recent update to windows has caused the problems,
either windows or anti-virus. Some anti-virus block programs, check
rtmpdump isn't blocked or recorded as a virus, might be blocking out
going connections on service port 1935. It's something specific to your
windows set-up. Check the event logs, anti-virus logs for clues.