ERROR: RTMP_Connect0 failed to connect socket 10060 (Unknown error)

nearangel nearangel at zoho.com
Sat Nov 17 03:24:30 EST 2012

I use get_iplayer daily and haven't had problems lately until this
morning (UK) when I don't seem to be able to download anything at all.
 I'm on Windows and unable to record using either the WebPVR or
command versions.  I've updated the program and also as a test,
installed the latest program on another computer computer.  All
attempts to record TV or radio produce roughly the following error:

==========================================================================>
C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --pid b01ntm33 --type=radio
get_iplayer v2.82, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: Episode-only pid detected
INFO: Trying pid: b01ntm33 using type: radio
INFO Trying to stream pid using type radio
INFO: pid not found in radio cache
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashaacstd1,flashaaclow1,flashaaclow2 modes will be tried for
version default
INFO: Trying flashaacstd1 mode to record radio: Friday Drama - Enquirer
INFO: File name prefix = Friday_Drama_-_Enquirer_b01ntm33_default
RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10060 (Unknown error)
INFO: Command exit code 3 (raw code = 768)
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\iPlayer
Recordings\Friday_Drama_-_Enquirer_b01ntm33_default.partial.aac.flv
via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashaacstd1 mode
INFO: Trying flashaaclow1 mode to record radio: Friday Drama - Enquirer
INFO: File name prefix = Friday_Drama_-_Enquirer_b01ntm33_default
RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10060 (Unknown error)
INFO: Command exit code 3 (raw code = 768)
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\iPlayer
Recordings\Friday_Drama_-_Enquirer_b01ntm33_default.partial.aac.flv
via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashaaclow1 mode
INFO: Trying flashaaclow2 mode to record radio: Friday Drama - Enquirer
INFO: File name prefix = Friday_Drama_-_Enquirer_b01ntm33_default
RTMPDump 2.4 git-6230845 2011-9-25
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
WARNING: Unknown protocol!

Connecting ...
ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 10060 (Unknown error)
INFO: Command exit code 3 (raw code = 768)
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\iPlayer
Recordings\Friday_Drama_-_Enquirer_b01ntm33_default.partial.aac.flv
via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashaaclow2 mode
ERROR: Failed to record 'Friday Drama - Enquirer (b01ntm33)'

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>