Help with downloaded radio file formats and thumbnail jpgs please.

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri May 25 11:00:00 EDT 2012

On 25/05/2012 14:47, Alastair wrote:
> Would that be perl-Music-tag by any chance?   I have installed that anyhow.

Nope.  perl-MP3-Tag is the package you need.  The Perl Music::Tag
library and its Music::Tag::MP3 plugin just call MP3::Tag, so I cut out
the middleman.  The perl-MP3-Tag package is available from PackMan.  If
you can't use PackMan for some reason, another build of the package
appears to be buried in an unstable repo:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/perl/openSUSE_12.1/

> My problem with installation was entirely due to the new openSUSE package manager
> front end "apper" which calls packagekit.  Deleted apper and good old yast now runs as

So the problem was with "apper" and not "zypper" then.  Apples and
oranges, and unrelated to get_iplayer.  Can't help you there - not a KDE
user.

> before and seems to work a treat.  At least AtomicParsley is now installed.  Is there
> anything I must do to configure it/change permissions owner etc?

No.  get_iplayer should pick it up automatically.