How to find a particular episode

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Sun Mar 4 12:14:13 EST 2012

On 4 March 2012, at 17:04, Colin Law wrote:

> Would you have to be a little careful doing that, as the index number
> may change in the background when the cron jog runs?  You could do a
> search just before the job runs, get the id, and start or queue a
> download based on that index just after the cronjob runs, with the
> wrong index.

Yes, that's a possibility. That's why I say "I know that the index numbers will only change approximately upon the hour" and suggest the alternative of altering the cache expiry period. Or, y'know, just accept the occasional delay when you make your first search for 4 hours.

In reality, I don't believe this has ever been a problem for me. Usually I'm adding a whole series (as a search or individually; in the latter case you might add --future) or a film by name.

Adding by `get_iplayer --pvr-queue 1234` does show the details of the programme being added, so hopefully you'd notice if an update to the index caused the wrong programme to be queued.

aB.