Scheduling PVR recording of future episodes (WinXP)

Steve Champion steve at stevechampion.com
Sun Mar 4 05:02:04 EST 2012

Using Web PVR Manager under Windows XP

Nice piece of software, working great for downloading so far. I thought I'd
have a go a scheduling a future download of something not made available
yet. I'm a bit of a newbie here. The functionality is not what I expect, am
I doing something wrong?

In the Web PVR manager I have selected "Search Future Schedule [on]" (under

I think that maybe refreshing the cache takes longer now (maybe it is just
my imagination), but I don't see any programmes yet to be made available. If
I do a search at bbc.co.uk/iplayer I see programmes which have not been made
available yet (they have a "Coming Soon" overlay on the thumbnail).

The particular example I'm using (although the details may be out of date by
the time you read this) is "The Tube". At the time of writing, Episodes 1
and 2 have been transmitted, so they are visible in Web PVR. However, at
bbc.co.uk/iplayer,  episode 3 is also visible (as "Coming Soon" - so
obviously not yet downloadable, but the programme ID is visible in the URL).

Am I misunderstanding how this should work? I was expecting to be able to
search for future-schedule programmes and schedule them for download in the
future.