Error downloading LAME with WIndows installer

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 11:42:28 EDT 2012

On 04/06/2012 15:38, Derek Moss wrote:
> On 4 June 2012 14:38, dinkypumpkin<dinkypumpkin at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 04/06/2012 14:27, Derek Moss wrote:
>>>
>>> The Windows installer for 2.82 gives an error when trying to download
>>> LAME, as the link seems to be dead.
>>
>> Still working here.  What LAME download URL are you checking?
>
> http://www.exe64.com/mirror/rarewares/lame3.98.4.zip
>
> which is what the installer said it was trying.
>
> However, after deleting all the files in my Get_iPlayer install folder
> and running the installer again it didn't have this problem, so I
> guess it must have been getting this link from an outdated file in my
> install folder.

That URL was changed in mid-October, presumably after the last time you
ran the get_iplayer installer.  If the installer configuration file
(containing the download links) didn't update when you ran the installer
today, my best guess is that the installer was temporarily unable to
contact www.infradead.org to retrieve the current version.  Did the
installer notify you that an update to get_iplayer was available?
Slightly more baffling is why it would attempt to re-install LAME at
all, unless you checked the LAME component during the update of the
get_iplayer scripts.   It's a bit academic, though.  LAME is one of
several vestigial appendages that need to be excised from get_iplayer
(it's not used any longer).  I'll get on it as soon as I take up
drinking again :}